Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Math Project on DonorsChoose.org site

Shameless begging for blog readers to fund a math project...

I've created a classroom project request on a 501(c)3 charity website called DonorsChoose.org.  I learned about this organization from one of my high school teachers last year, who was funded for an adapted classroom swing for her students who have severe physical and cognitive disabilities.

I'm writing to ask for any donations possible toward an iPad mini to use for writing math.  No matter the size of your donation, it will help the students I work with, especially students who have difficulty "writing" math.  I plan to also use the device for handwriting remediation, using apps I've written about previously in the blog.

This week only, any donation you make to my project will be doubled! If you know anyone who is passionate about education, please pass this along. Your tax-deductible donation will have a direct impact on students and teachers.

1. Visit my Page, Math Project info on DonorsChoose
2. Choose my project, enter the amount of your donation, and click "Give"

3. During check-out, enter the word INSPIRE where it says "Match or gift code", and your donation will be matched dollar for dollar.

The INSPIRE match code will double your donation for the next 7 days.

Please feel free to send me any questions you may have, and know that I and the students I support greatly appreciate your support.  Plus, you'll get to see lots of photos and info about what we learn about writing math!

No comments: